Our practice is open with curbside service
To our Valued Customers,
As news of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community continues to develop, we are monitoring the situation closely. For the health and safety of you, our staff, and the community, our practice is currently open but we are operating with curbside service. We are now seeing pets with health problems and pets in need of preventative care, such as vaccinations. We have now returned to our normal operating hours.
Curbside Service, how it works:
- When you arrive for your pet’s APPOINTMENT you and your pet are asked to wait in your vehicle until Dr. Bostrom or Dr. Ihrig are ready to see your pet. If you are here to pick-up MEDICATIONS or drop-off a “SAMPLE”, pull into a parking spot, call us, and we will either bring your pet’s medication or food out to you or place it on the covered back porch on the shelving or in our “carry-out box”.
- Please park in a parking spot and call us at 703-802-0490 to let us know you are here.
- For APPOINTMENTS, the doctor will first speak to you over the phone to get the pertinent history pertaining to your visit.For MEDICATION PICK-UP we will bring the medication out to you and collect a form of payment at that time, unless otherwise arranged. Please be patient, these are new procedures for all of us.
- When we are ready to see your pet, a care staff member or the doctor will meet you and your pet at the base of the handicap ramp (look for our signs), or at the car to bring them into the clinic. All CATS must be in a secure carrier (no cardboard carriers or boxes) and All DOGS must be on a leash with a collar or harness that they cannot slip out of. This is a new experience for them too.
- Only your pet will enter the clinic, sorry.
- The doctor will discuss their recommendations with you at your car or by phone.
- After their care, your pet will be reunited with you and we will collect a form of payment. For credit card payments, we will bring your card inside and process the card (similar to a restaurant) and sign the receipt “COVID-19” or “COVID”.
- Your receipt will be emailed to you unless you request a printed one. If your pet received a rabies vaccine it will be printed to provide you with a “signed” Rabies Certificate.
- By handing us your credit card you are authorizing permission for the payment on your invoice to be transmitted without your signature.
- LASTLY, we request that you REMAIN HERE at the clinic and please do not leave to go home or run other errands. Cell phone service can be “spotty” at best and your pet will be ready as soon as possible.
This policy was put in place to help ensure that we can maintain social distancing. In addition, if you should be on a self-imposed or mandated isolation, or exhibit flu-like symptoms, we request that someone else bring your pet. We will also assume that this person has the authority to approve diagnostics and treatments.
We will be wearing masks while caring for your pet. We ask that you wear a mask while interacting with our staff.
Thank you in advance for understanding. Let’s all keep each other safe.
Dr. Ylva Bostrom, Dr. Robert Ihrig, and all of us at the Animal Clinic of Clifton